All about RedBlocks; Bio-Ethanol; Chips and other interesting stuff :)
This site contains stuff about Volvo's famous B23/B230 turbo engine, the Bosch LH-2.4 Jetronic system and the Bosch EZ-116K ignition system.
SeBCON-µC v2.0 (Stoni's electronic Boost CONtroller) - Full Programmable Boost Controller.
- The perfect choice if you want a wolf in sheep's
Let's have a look at the improvements of SeBCON-µC v2.0:
SeBCON-µC is a electronic boost
engines with any kind of conventional regulated turbochargers and
electronic fuel injection.
The aim of SeBCON-µC is it to handle
drivability and economy on part load as well as excellent top power in
high pressure applications. Therefore SeBCON can handle several input
signals, is able to do calculations with them and generates a
solenoid pwm output signal via a highspeed power stage to control the boost.
- Preprogrammed, Plug-n-Drive
- Easy to use, fully programmable pwm boost controller
- High-performance, Low-power AVR® Atmega32 8-bit Microcontroller
- USB and ISP interface
- USB drivers for Windows, USB flash software
- Programmed in basic, free source code to make adjustments or create/add own extensions
- Real-Time logging via LogView Software
- Diagnostic terminal
- Input from throttle-switch (WOT-Switch)
- Input Injector signal (Load & rpm)
- Input for a additional rpm signal
- Input for other 'Load' signals, e.g. from a MAF sensor
- Input for MAP sensor
- Input for engine temp sensor
- Input for lambda signal
- Free input/output channels (adc or i/o)
- Input for knock signal, uses e.g. the knock control of a BOSCH EZ116K/EZ117K System
- Adaptive knock control, adjusts the boost automatically while knocking
- Tweaked for Volvo with LH2.x systems or any kind of P2-regulated Turbo's with electronic fuel injection
- Compact size (90mm x 100mm x 35mm)
SeBCON is a air mass based boost controller, using the amm signal as
primary signal to calculate the boost hight. SeBCON analyses also the
injector duty cycle to know always the exact engine load. This makes it
possible to provide the boost control valve with a separate value for
every engine load point. Analyzing the amm signal and the injector duty
cycle gives a much better throttle control then conventional systems
which gives you always maximum boost, even if you don’t need the
If there is a problem with the boost level, e.g. to much boost at a
specific rpm, than it’s possible to reprogramme the map. Knock
detection works adaptive and self-controlled. After a knock ocours,
SeBCON adjusts the boost in that way, that it will store per every
75rpm the maximum of boost which can be run savely. If the target boost
value is higher than the as save considered value, the save value will
be used insteed. While knock ocours the boost will be
corrected 5 times per second, downward in steps to 0.010-0.015bar.
The real knock detection must be realized with an externel tool or by
using a existing knock modul like e.g. the Bosch EZK116 ignition box,
SeBCON uses a existing signal to control the boost - SeBCON has no own
input for a knock sensor.
The advantages of using the amm signal and injector duty cycle for
- better throttle control
- better fuel economy
- boost proportional to throttle position
- cruise control compatible
If you have questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message
(user 'Stoni') or an email to sebcon at nord-com.net
No warranty at all, use of SeBCON at one's own risk! I will exchange
the electronic if a box has a internal error which stands not in direct
with an external error (e.g. wrong connected).
SeBCON ist im Bereich der Straßenverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung
(StVZO) nicht zulaessig, hat keinerlei Gutachten und
ist NICHT Eintragungsfaehig. Ich bitte darum, von diesbezueglichen
Fragen Abstand zu nehmen, es ist keine Zulassung geplant!
Kauf und Betrieb der Box unter AUSSCHLUSS JEGLICHER GEWAEHRLEISTUNG.
Wenn eine Box nachweislich einen Defekt hat,
welcher nicht auf aeussere Einfluesse (falsches anschliessen) zurueck
zu fuehren ist, tausche ich die Elektronik selbstverstaendlich aus.