Let's have a look at the improvements of SeBCON-µC v2.0:
SeBCON-µC is a electronic boost controller for engines with any kind of conventional regulated turbochargers and electronic fuel injection. The aim of SeBCON-µC is it to handle drivability and economy on part load as well as excellent top power in high pressure applications. Therefore SeBCON can handle several input signals, is able to do calculations with them and generates a solenoid pwm output signal via a highspeed power stage to control the boost.
SeBCON-µC v2.0, electronic pcb and enclosure
Price: sold out / ausverkauft
- Solenoid Pierburg 7.22240.13.0 12V / Volvo Part: 30670448
Price 80 Euro
- Preprogrammed, Plug-n-Drive
- Easy to use, fully programmable pwm boost controller
- High-performance, Low-power AVR® Atmega32 8-bit Microcontroller
- USB and ISP interface
- USB drivers for Windows, USB flash software
- Programmed in basic, free source code to make adjustments or create/add own extensions
- Real-Time logging via LogView Software
- Diagnostic terminal
- Input from throttle-switch (WOT-Switch)
- Input Injector signal (Load & rpm)
- Input for a additional rpm signal
- Input for other 'Load' signals, e.g. from a MAF sensor
- Input for MAP sensor
- Input for engine temp sensor
- Input for lambda signal
- Free input/output channels (adc or i/o)
- Input for knock signal, uses e.g. the knock control of a BOSCH EZ116K/EZ117K System
- Adaptive knock control, adjusts the boost automatically while knocking
- Tweaked for Volvo with LH2.x systems or any kind of P2-regulated Turbo's with electronic fuel injection
- Compact size (90mm x 100mm x 35mm)
SeBCON is a air mass based boost controller, using the amm signal as primary signal to calculate the boost hight. SeBCON analyses also the injector duty cycle to know always the exact engine load. This makes it possible to provide the boost control valve with a separate value for every engine load point. Analyzing the amm signal and the injector duty cycle gives a much better throttle control then conventional systems which gives you always maximum boost, even if you don’t need the boost.
If there is a problem with the boost level, e.g. to much boost at a specific rpm, than it’s possible to reprogramme the map. Knock detection works adaptive and self-controlled. After a knock ocours, SeBCON adjusts the boost in that way, that it will store per every 75rpm the maximum of boost which can be run savely. If the target boost value is higher than the as save considered value, the save value will be used insteed. While knock ocours the boost will be corrected 5 times per second, downward in steps to 0.010-0.015bar.
The real knock detection must be realized with an externel tool or by using a existing knock modul like e.g. the Bosch EZK116 ignition box, SeBCON uses a existing signal to control the boost - SeBCON has no own input for a knock sensor.
The advantages of using the amm signal and injector duty cycle for boost control:
- better throttle control
- better fuel economy
- boost proportional to throttle position
- cruise control compatible
Special thanks to 'Aimypost' , for several new findings, testing testing testing,
make new suggestions and his help to find a good basic attitude :)
Documentation and Software for SeBCON-µC v2.0:
download source code, binarys, drivers and software for SeBCON-µC v2.0 (3.11 from 28.05.2011)
download Bascom Compiler - Demo version compiles 4KB of code
SeBCON's Guide v2.1 (Firmware 3.11)
SeBCON's Guide v2.0 (Firmware 2.14)
BSR high quality turbo pressure gauge
If you have questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message
at Turbobricks (user 'Stoni') or an email to sebcon at nord-com.net
No warranty at all, use of SeBCON at one's own risk! I will exchange the electronic if a box has a internal error which stands not in direct connection with an external error (e.g. wrong connected).
SeBCON ist im Bereich der Straßenverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung (StVZO) nicht zulaessig, hat keinerlei Gutachten und ist NICHT Eintragungsfaehig. Ich bitte darum, von diesbezueglichen Fragen Abstand zu nehmen, es ist keine Zulassung geplant! Kauf und Betrieb der Box unter AUSSCHLUSS JEGLICHER GEWAEHRLEISTUNG. Wenn eine Box nachweislich einen Defekt hat, welcher nicht auf aeussere Einfluesse (falsches anschliessen) zurueck zu fuehren ist, tausche ich die Elektronik selbstverstaendlich aus.